UWNNM Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
United Way of Northern New Mexico is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principal of diversity. Each Board Trustee, Officer, and Staff therefore:
- Supports equal opportunity employment hiring in all United Way of Northern New Mexico activities.
- Values, champions and embraces diversity in all United Way of Northern New Mexico activities.
- Recognizes the distinct differences of individuals and organizations and utilize the strengths of each.
- Respects all co-workers and all other individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Refuses to engage in or tolerate in others any form of sexual harassment, as provided in the organization's policy against sexual harassment and strives to create a professional environment.
Anti-Racism/Ethnic Discrimination Statement
We recognize structural racism, ethnic discrimination and other forms of oppression have contributed to racial disparities that have existed in the past and persist in the present. We acknowledge those inequities are the result of policies and practices that work to marginalize entire populations of people. We unequivocally denounce racism/ethnic discrimination because it undermines the well-being and vitality of our communities.
Our United Way Network seeks to dismantle disparities and strives to engage residents and community members, especially those whose voices have traditionally been marginalized, in the shared work of fortifying equity and empowerment. We work with public and private partners to co-create solutions that ensure everyone has the resources, support, opportunities and networks they need to thrive. We commit to leveraging all of our assets (e.g., convening, strategic investments, awareness building, advocacy) to create more equitable communities.