100 Women Who Care Los Alamos is a quarterly gathering of women who show up in support of local non-profit organizations and open their checkbooks. Ideally, 100 Women with $100 dollars adds up to $10,000 for a local charity. This is how it works:
- Upon arrival each woman writes a check for $100, payable to the United Way of Northern New Mexico. (UWNNM administers the fund on behalf of 100+ Women Who Care Los Alamos) Women can also come together and form teams of two or four each contributing to add up to $100 for one vote;
- Spend a little time chatting with old friends, or making some new friends--enjoy some delicious food, a little wine;
- At 6:00 P.M. three of the nominated non-profits are randomly selected and there is a five-minute presentation from each of the three organizations;
- The group votes, and the collected funds are awarded to the winning organization.
The Los Alamos Chapter of 100 Women Who Care was founded in August 2015. The organization now has over 200 members and has granted out almost $90,000 to benefit a dozen different local organizations. These women are helping better the lives of folks in the community with a simple and enjoyable approach to collecting contributions for local nonprofits without the time-consuming effort associated with fundraising.
Why Would You Join 100 Women Who Care?
- You are VERY busy! No time to volunteer but you want to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every three months;
- You want to meet other Women Who Care in Los Alamos.
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local non-profit; and want to see your donation combined with other donations to make a huge impact.
The organization is open to any women who works or lives in Los Alamos. Come and make a wonderful difference in your community. The 100+ Women of Los Alamos is always looking for additional members, and our next gathering is the perfect time to join. Please plan on attending and bringing a friend (or three).